West Hollywood, CA | Posted 05/17/2019
The Driver is responsible for transporting residents to and from appointments and outings in a safe manner and overseeing vehicle maintenance and logs.
- Transport residents to and from all regularly scheduled activities, and to all personal appointments such as physician appointments, banking and grocery shopping.
- Assist residents in and out of all vehicles as needed.
- Ensure residents are safely seated with seatbelts and, if applicable, wheelchair locking mechanism intact.
- Account for all residents’ presence when leaving or returning to the community.
- Keep all vehicles fueled, tagged, inspected, and clean. Keep record of all maintenance on each vehicle.
- Report any problems with vehicles to Supervisor.
- Prepare transportation charge slips for residents with time, mileage and destination information properly documented with residents’ signature.
- Deliver transportation slips to Business Office for bill purposes as completed.
- Maintain a transportation log for each vehicle.
- Respond to resident requests in a timely and friendly ammner.
- Maintain confidentiality with all resident information.
- Treat all residents with respect.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in health care
- Positive approach for elderly with a desire to provide good care and supervision
- Able to perform a variety of driving duties in a residential care home setting
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Valid, state specific, driver license, good driving record and personal auto insurance
- Engage in safe, courteous driving habits
- Smart phone (for the purpose of clocking in and out)
- Fingerprint clearance from FBI & DOJ
- TB clearance
- Health screening
- Able to communicate in English (speak, read and write)
- Knowledge of local traffic and roadways
- Possess qualities of patience and understanding
- Able to maintain a good working relationship with associates, residents, residents’ families, and volunteers
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Able to maintain a courteous, friendly and helpful attitude with residents at all times
- Capable of lifting and transferring residents and necessary equipment in and out of vehicles
- High school diploma or GED
- Capable of sitting for prolonged periods
- One year of related transportation experience, including experience in a long-term care setting
- Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Able to successfully pass a DOJ/FBI background check, pre-employment physical exam and be free of Tuberculosis as evidenced by a TB test.
- Must be able to obtain first aid/CPR certification and successfully complete Bloodborne pathogens training within 30 days of hire;
- Must be able to communicate both written and orally in English;
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs., push/pull up to 40 lbs., carry up to 30 lbs., frequent standing and walking required;
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred
RAYA’S PARADISE, INC participates in E-Verify, the federal program for electronic verification of employment eligibility.