The Driver is responsible for transporting residents to and from appointments and outings in a safe manner and overseeing vehicle maintenance and logs.
- Transport residents to and from all regularly scheduled activities, and to all personal appointments such as physician appointments, banking and grocery shopping.
- Assist residents in and out of all vehicles as needed.
- Ensure residents are safely seated with seatbelts and, if applicable, wheelchair locking mechanism intact.
- Account for all residents’ presence when leaving or returning to the community.
- Keep all vehicles fueled, tagged, inspected, and clean. Keep record of all maintenance on each vehicle.
- Report any problems with vehicles to Supervisor.
- Prepare transportation charge slips for residents with time, mileage and destination information properly documented with residents’ signature.
- Deliver transportation slips to Business Office for bill purposes as completed.
- Maintain a transportation log for each vehicle.
- Respond to resident requests in a timely and friendly ammner.
- Maintain confidentiality with all resident information.
- Treat all residents with respect.